Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Finding a new norm!

Sorry for the delay in posting. We've been really busy. On top of being home with Jack and it's challenges, we also had to adjust to our kids new school schedules which started the day we left for China. It took a while to get over the jetlag, but I think we are close to being caught up on our rest. We are also finally starting to settle into our new norm. Jack is doing great. He had one bad day where he was pushing boundaries and having typical four-year-old fits, but nothing major. Most of the time he is just a fun little guy who is laughing and playing. He is quite the little talker, too.  While we can't distiguish words, we always know what he is TRYING to say.  He talks and sings non-stop.  It's pretty funny.  And if someone says or does something he doesn't like, he tells on them to everyone that will listen.  It's pretty funny.  Also, he has gained a whole pound, and I'm pretty proud of that.  I am up cooking breakfast every morning and making healthy, well-rounded meals and lots of snacks.  Seriously, it's like a second job!  And he eats a lot!!    The big kids have been amazing.  They are patient and kind and just all around helpful.  I am so proud of them and their attitudes with all the newness that has come our way.  Jack just loves them, too.  It took about 36 hours before Jack loved Molly Ruby Dixie, our dog.  At first he would scream and climb up the nearest person to get away from her, then he would sit by her crate and pet her, then he was calling, "Molly!!!" through the house and kissing her.  I knew it would be ok.  She's just the sweetest dog, it was just a matter of time.  He loves his friends, too.  Tonight Jaise and Samarah came over for a few minutes and he ran and hugged and kissed each of them, took them by the hand and pulled them up the stairs into his room.  Boy, that was so sweet to see.  He was talking to them a mile a minute.  I can't wait until we know what he's saying. 
He has been to Children's Mercy and his pediatrician.  His first pallate repair is scheduled for Nov. 17.  The surgeon said it will not be easy to fix and will require two surgeries to close it.  But he said he can do it and that he has done older kids and worse pallates.  So, I am praying that God will surprise the surgeon and it will go very smoothly and only require one surgery to close it.  My God is big enough to do that,  no problem.  All of the lab work came back today and Jack is healthy.  No surprises in the blood work.  That is a huge relief.  Our job is to beef him up before surgery as he will be on a liquid diet afterward and will more than likely lose weight.  I'm all over it!
Well, I'm going to get a bath and try to relax.  Thank you all so much for your prayers and support.  It means the world to us.  We are so blessed by each of you.  Have a great day,
Leslie

1 comment:

The Powell Family said...

Awesome! All of this! I will continue to pray all of you...and especially this upcoming surgery! :)