Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hello All!

The Winter Olympics are on the television, it's snowing again, and it's Valentine's Day. I am praying that our little Chinese Valentine had a wonderful day. I often wonder what he is doing. Has he learned any new words, mastered any new skills, tried any new tricks? It's so hard to not know these things. I have spent a lot of time thinking back on what my other kids were like at three. All three of them were very ornery, very loud, and loads of fun! I can't wait to get Jack home and get to know him. I so want to hear his laugh, know his favorite foods, and yes, even see him throw a big fit! What three year old is complete without tantrums and fits? I wonder if he will like bathtime like my others did, will he have a favorite blankie that we carry everywhere with us, what will be his favorite tv show? I so hope he likes the Backyardigans, that one is so sweet. These are just the things that I have been thinking a lot about lately. I wonder if he will love the pool, going for walks, and ice cream. Gosh, I wonder if he has ever HAD ice cream.
We know that we have a log in date of Christmas Day, and we are on day 51 of our wait for our LOA. We were told an average wait is 40-65 days, so we are getting close now. After the LOA, we send off the paperwork to Immigration and Homeland Security again for final approval, and then we wait for our travel date. All of this could still mean months loger to wait to bring our sweet boy home. We were told that he would get the photo album that we made for him when the dossier was sent, so he should have that now. It's exciting to think of him becoming familiar with our home, his toys, and obviously us! I long for the days when I know what it's like to just be the 6 of us, like it's the most mundane thing in the world. I pray that God will reveal to me exactly how to be the mommy he needs me to be. I pray that God will allow him to grieve for the people that he leaves behind, for that is a sign that he is able to love and bond, and eventually that will be with us. I pray that God will hold me tight as I hold Jack through those hard times. Thank you for allowing us to share this journey with each of you. It's quite a ride, but one that I wouldn't trade. Have a wonderful night,
Leslie

No comments: