Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Adoption

Hello Friends and Family,
Well, things are moving along. Slower than we'd like, that's for sure. I wanted to take some time to talk about adoption. If you have, or know anyone that has adopted, it's a very hard, emotional process. Whether it's domestic, international, or even a family member adopting another family member, adoption is really a hard thing to go through. With us, it's been almost a year, on April 30, that we were matched with Jack. He still isn't home with us. Man, that's a hard thing to swallow. Yes, I know that God's timing is perfect, and yes, I know that none of this is a surprise to Him, but to us, his family, this is a painful process. I have a dear friend that has endured the unthinkable in adoption, with the birth mother changing her mind at the very last second, cancelling the adoption. My friend and her family are heartbroken. We know that God is in control and that He will finish what He has started in this family's life, and that they WILL have a new daughter someday. But in the mean time, their hearts are broken and their faith is tested. Please pray for this family. We love them so. I've been so blessed to hear story after story of adoption, and never once have I thought, "Oh, they should not have adopted". Nope, I'm always so touched by God's faithfulness and mercy, and the way the He orchestrates the beauty that is family. He puts our family's together like a perfect puzzle, pulling us together. Sometimes from opposite sides of the Earth. Sometimes from people in our church. Sometimes from children in our classroom. Sometimes from our fosters system. God is mighty, and he knows exactly which child belongs with which family. He knows when to stir hearts and when to spur us into action, telling us "It's time" getting ready for our children. Friends, be praying. This journey is not for the faint of heart. I heard a friend say once that there are no unwanted adopted children. Not a truer phrase has been spoken. I heard a statistic the other day that is staggering. There are around 1500 adoptable kids in our county alone. Imagine that on a world-wide scale. Can you afford another child? I sure don't know. But think about it. Pray about it. Ask God what you can do to help these kids find homes. I'm not the best mother in the world, I make my share of mistakes. I don't bake homemade cookies or sew Halloween costumes. I'm not an avid PTA member, we don't have a huge home, we don't vacation to Disney World every year, or ever, but we have a LOT of LOVE. Do you? I just wanted to let you all know that dispite how hard this is, and dispite the frustrations that we have faced, we are SO BLESSED to be getting Jack!! We can't wait. When I look at his picture my heart melts and I know that he's mine. I would protect him with my life. I NEED to hold him in my arms and tell him over and over that he is loved and perfect in our eyes. As summer approaches and you go about your days of swimming and ice cream, vacations and camp-outs, think of the kids that sit in orphanages and foster homes all over the world. Can you help?
Leslie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said my friend!!!!! I could not have made your point any better. If only in this world orphan children could go to a loving home with out a ransom! I do not understand the goverments and all of the money involved. It is not fair for countless children. I pray for you and your dear friends, may the Lord guide them to the Child that is ment to be there daughter! Praying for peace for there broken hearts.
Loving Ya,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Jack is the luckiest little guy to be coming home to the Fullers!

Amy R.