Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Few Fun Facts!

Hey Friends and Family,
Chris and I have been playing with Jack for 2 days now.  One of the things I find so awesome is watching him play with and wear all of the many gifts he has received.  Here are a few of his favorites:
 
He LOVES the music toy that Lee Anee Whitworth brought over!  He packs it everytime we leave the room and it's the first thing he unpacks to play with when we come back to the room.
 
He loves his crocodile backpack from Vince and Mary Ludwig.  I brought it to the orphanage with me filled with toys that I hoped he would like.  He walked/was carried out with it on.  Now, when we leave the room he runs and grabs it and motions for us to put it on him.
 
He loves his clothes and shoes!  Today's adorable ensemble was provided by Ty and Sara Hoppe. We thank you, as does GAP inc!! :)
 
He loves to listen to the MP3 player that Joe Bardwell loaded up for him with Asian music and kid songs.  And thank you, Amy Rudolph, for the wonderful kid headphones.  They work just the way I hoped they would!  Right now he is listening to it and singing and humming while he plays with his colored pencils.
 
He knows that to eat/drink he needs to wear a bib, and he loves the frog bib that his Meme bought him.  It has a big pocket, and he shoves it full of stuff.
 
He snuggles and sleeps with the two Webkinz that Grace sent for him.  If they are too far out of his reach he wil reach up and grab them and hold them close to his ear/face.  TOO CUTE!!  Good call, Sissy!!
 
He and dad play pretty rough already, and the beach ball has been a big hit! 
He loves bubbles, and I am now his personal bubble-blowing machine!  I don't mind!!
 
He is such a joy!!!  His face is full of wonder and amazement at everything we do.  However, I now know EXACTLY what the "Asian look" is!!! Kim, Bambi, Steph, and Ally, I get it now, I really do!!!  He can give some looks that stop us cold, and we have to fight super hard to keep from bursting out laughing!  He has even stomped his foot at Chris!  Too funny!!  When we show him pictures of Molly Ruby Dixie he lets out this deep grunt and hits the picture and tries to throw the album.  Hmmmmm.....wonder how long THAT will last.  She is just the sweetest dog.  I sure hope that is a phase that is short-lived when we get home.
 
Today I have not felt good at all.  As many of you know I have been struggling since we left and have proceeded to feel worse and worse.  Well, I am a wimp, and it has caused me to be in a pickle.  I think I have a bladder infection.  I have been so afraid of having to use the dreaded "Eastern" toilet that I have not been drinking very much, on top of the jet lag and lack of sleep.  I have been having what I thought was stomach pain, but this morning there was a faint tinge of blood in my urine.  For those of you that know me, and were anywhere in a 3 hour radius last fall, you already know that this freaked me out completely.  But, I have stayed in today for the most part and been drinking TONS of water and Chris has an antbiotic that I can take for the next 5 days, a good one, and by then I will be in Ghongzhou and they have American Dr's there.  So, not to worry.  I am fine.  I do appreciate more prayers about this.  I have not had any more blood today, just that tiny bit this morning.  I am eating lots of yogurt (yes mom, I checked the ingredients and it has all the stuff I need) and am not drinking anything but water.  I did have to use an Eastern toilet today while touring a Budhist temple, and let's just say that my fears were well warrented!!!  NEVER AGAIN!!!  OMGOSHHHH!!
 
Well, Jack is listening to his headphones, and while we have no clue what he is saying, he is singing and humming and it is precious!

 


Thank you, Matt Cairns, for the medical input this morning and for having the church body be praying for MY body! HA!

 

Also, if any of you have a Skype account and want to see Jack, our number is

dallas64015. 

 

Have a great day,

Chris and Leslie, and JACK!!

1 comment:

The Powell Family said...

Continuing to pray for you guys and especially you, Leslie! Feel better! Sounds like Jack is a healthy, excited, busy little boy! I think it's wonderful he is enjoying his gifts! :) We miss you...