Saturday, August 21, 2010

Orientation and more sight-seeing

WOW!  This was a fun day.  Today we had orientation from 9-11 am and it was sooooo wonderful! All of the cultural information was interesting, and then.....we got a really long update on Jack and 2 new photos!!!  That was a great surprise!  He was dressed in pink again...that's enough of that!  And it was the first time that we've seen his little arms.  His is so small.  I can't wait to hold him.  The update was encouraging and a little funny.  It said that he loves to dance and that he does NOT like to share or be told to put away his toys.  It said that he pushes the other kids and even the caregivers....oh boy, we are in for it!!!  Jaise-we're going to need you to be patient with your new friend....sorry buddy, it won't last forever.  He has  HAD to fight to even be alive today.  We'll get that figured out. It also said that he gets a bath in a tub everynight and that he loves to play in the water...YES!! I KNEW IT!!!  He has tons of cool bath toys waiting for him and I can't wait to see what he thinks of our swimming pool. 
 
We then toured The Forbidden City, walking about 3-4 miles....IN THE POURING RAIN!  It was something else.  Then we went through Tiananmen Square, and lastly we went to a very cool silk making factory that showed us the whole process from worms to fine silk linens.  I wanted one of everything in there.  But, it was very expensive, so we did not buy anything.  I would have loved to buy my mom something from there.
 
We are back in our room now.  Had to hair-dry our tennis shoes and take showers.  We are heading out to get something to eat. Then we have to re-pack and be ready to get a good nights sleep as we have to be checked out and ready to head to the airport at 8:30.  We leave for Jack's province in the morning!!!  In less than 28 hours we will have Jack!  I can hardly fathom this.  It's really happening!
 
*Side note:  we can post to our blog but we can't see the blog. So, as long as we don't get a failure notice we know it went through.  So, if anyone leaves us a message we won't see it until we are back home.  But still leave them, we will LOVE reading them when we are home. I just don't want to appear rude for not commenting on messages that we may be getting.
 
OK, that's it for now.  Love to all, Leslie and Chris
 
 P.S. Evan, Grace, and Cate...WE MISS YOU SO MUCH AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!  Be good for Meme and be good to each other.  We love you TOOOOOO much!! Love, Mom
 
 

4 comments:

Joel said...

Great to see pictures of Jack. The pink will soon be over. The photos of Beijing are making Melissa and I wish we would have had that opportunity to visit there before getting Iris.

Nicolle from Gateway said...

I'm so glad Melissa posted your blog. I just read it beginning to end and your story has brought tears to my eyes. I can't wait to follow the rest of your journey to Jack. I'm so excited for your first meeting with him. Prayers will continue for your family!

Anonymous said...

Leslie who knew that they had wet tshirt contest in China Too! It looks as of you may have won!!! You go Girl!!! Just kidding! If I know you as well as I think I do you were pretty Pissed about the white shirt and the Rain! But thinking of Jack made it all worth it!!!! I love ya girl and Can't wait to meet the newest little Fuller Man!!!
Love ya Both,
Kim and Family!

Anonymous said...

He sounds like a fiesty Fuller...made just for you! Your pictues look great...can't wait to see ALL of you!

xoxo Hugs from the Alkire's