Sunday, August 22, 2010

We are in Yinchuan

Well we started the day off with a big breakfast, finished packing, and headed to the hotel lobby to check out. There we met Sue, our Holt travel guide, and said goodbye to all of our new friends. We are the only ones going to our province so we have Sue all to ourselves. She is super cute, really sweet, and very wonderful. She and Leslie have really hit it off and we found out that they share the same birth date (different year). They have also shared many stories, tears, and hugs today. She also told us that she had been advocating for Jack and trying to find him a family and wanted to go with us because of Jack. Isn't God awesome the way he works out all the little details. So she flew with us to Yinchuan, which was a huge blessing and made sure we got checked in to our new hotel. She asked what we wanted to do for supper and was excited to have supper with us. She met us at 6:30 and we walked to a little Chinese restaurant and had a nice meal (I ate seaweed for the first time). In our discussions, she told Leslie that she should get a foot massage which sounded like a great idea to us. So she checked with the restaurant staff and found a good massage parlor that was close and off we went. We ended up getting whole body massages which lasted for over an hour for about $12 a piece. It was amazing. Anyway, it's late here and we need to get to bed as we are up early and headed to get Jack. WooHoo! We have a bunch of running to do after we leave the orphanage, so all of you might be in bed before we get a chance to Skype, but we'll get an update posted ASAP.
 
Here are few significant pics from the day. The pic out of the airplane window is the Yellow River...not hard to see how it got it's name.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A.Ma.Zing! I keep checking your blog like a crazy person waiting for an update! We are praying like crazy here as you unite with Jack! Wow!!

Amy McD

Anonymous said...

Sign me up for the "crazy person club" too! :) Checking your blog all the time to see how the journey is going. Can't wait for more pictures, news, etc. Love to you both! Amy, Craig, Clay and Carly

Anonymous said...

Okay I am officialy on the Stalker List! I can't wait to see pics of Jack!!! I know you are spending some much needed bonding time with him. I am praying that all is going well! Still praying for his little Heart!
Kim

Nathan Taylor said...

Yeah!! Just overheard someone say photos were up. So exciting, have a great rest of the trip. Can't wait to see you all back here.

Hannah Ridgely said...

arent those massages AWESOME!! When I was in Japan, Michael and I got a full body massage and they do soooo awesome over there! and YEA! so cheap!!